Past Grants from the Chet Levitt Fund for Employment Law
- $2,000 for a disabilities discrimination case in Maryland;
- $2,500 for an FMLA case in Northern Virginia;
- $2,400 to a minimum wage and overtime case in the District of Columbia;
- $1,500 to a gender discrimination denial of academic tenure case in the District of Columbia;
- $1,500 and $3,000 for a negligent hiring, sexual abuse case in Virginia;
- $3,000 to a sex harassment case in Florida;
- $2,000 for a gender discrimination case in Atlanta, Georgia;
- $2,500 for disability discrimination case in the District of Columbia;
- $1,250 for a chemical sensitivities case in California;
- $1,000 for An Americans with Disabilities Act / Rehabilitation Act case in the 4th Circuit;
- $1,000 for a Race Discrimination / Retaliation case in the 10th Circuit;
- $3,000 for case involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in the 3rd Circuit.
Chet Levitt Fund for
1150 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 900, Washington DC 20036
"[It] gave us not only a layer of financial security,
but also the comfort of knowing that kindred spirits recognized the importance
of this case."
- California employee rights attorney Susan Sher, regarding a grant
from the Chet Levitt Fund to cover the cost of key depositions. Her client claimed
discriminatory treatment relating to his multiple chemical sensitivities under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
© 2003 Chet Levitt Fund for Employment Law. All rights reserved.